Also in 1965, Marvel created its own fan community with the Merry Marvel Marching Society, The club crystallized Lee's happy-go-lucky public persona. Announced in the January books, those who joined for the price of $1 received a package consisting of a membership card, stickers, a membership button, and a letter of introduction signed by 'The Bullpen Gang'."
From Stan Lee and the Rise and Fall of the American Comic Book, by Jordan Raphael and Tom Spurgeon
- Click the image to the right to download an mp3 of the MMMS's record... You'll never want to part with it!
- A great, image-packed article on the history of the MMMS by Terrence J. Brady
- Merry Marvel Marching Society vs Mary Marvel Marching Society
- Dograt.com's article on the MMMS's Flexi disc recordings, with mp3s
- YouTube slideshow of the first Flexi disc recording and Bullpen photos
- Jack Kirby's memories of the recording session, via Mark Evanier
- YouTube slideshow of the MMMS's history
- Fred Hembeck's December 15th, 2004 blog entry about Marvel's various fan clubs
- Bullpen Pages featuring MMMS rolls